Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Sr. Manager, Cannabis Insights (Beyond Nicotine)
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid Senior - Level
FUNCTION: Beyond Nicotine
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
(Please provide the ‘Line Manager Job Title’)Director, Consumer and Market Insights
Number of Direct Reports
(Please indicate – N/A OR approx. number OR a number range) 0
External - yes
Local OR DRBU
(Please indicate – N/A OR Number of Days per week OR Days per month OR Percentage of travel required) Yes
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Responsible for developing research approaches, outcomes, and insight application
- Work with the Product Development Center and foster relationships both local and global teams across key cannabis stakeholder groups to encourage broader impact of research insights
- Be the “Voice of the Consumer” providing insights to help guide product development and evolution opportunities within the cannabis space.
- Help manager to maintain and execute a portfolio of research and analyses to support strategy development and innovation efforts.
- Provide leadership in assessing and understanding consumer and industry trends within the cannabis space through a combination of proprietary consumer and tracking information
- Work with manager to translate research data and analysis into strategic implications that are actionable, impactful and accessible to W&S and other cannabis stakeholders.
- Synthesize cannabis insights across primary research, social listening, secondary data, and trends to uncover insights.
- Responsible for bringing insights to life through impactful presentations, action orientated recommendations, and facilitation of work sessions with key stakeholders to ensure broad understanding and socialization
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- 3+ Years related product development work experience required (R&D, Consumer Research, Innovations, Consumer Marketing)
- Knowledge and experience of working in fast paced consumer goods industry(s) in R&D and/or Insights functions with a track record of delivering consumer delightful propositions and products to the market.
- Evidence of driving consumer acceptance of product prototypes through application of technical product insights in both early proof-of-concept and downstream final product refinement phases of the innovation funnel
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must be able to demonstrate creative-thinking and experience in the front end of innovation
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated experience synthesizing disparate learnings
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative market research design, execution, analysis, and reporting
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work with a high degree of independence
- Demonstrated ability to influence, persuade others to new/different perspective; negotiate and resolve conflict
- Experience with partnering across multiple business functions
- Comfortable ‘flexing’ based on shifting business priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills; advanced presentation skills
- Ability to handle a high degree of ambiguity
- Minimum BS/BA in Science, Behavioral/Social Science, and/or Business. Previous experience in consumer/market research, business anthropology and/or business intelligence strongly preferred
- Courses in Statistics and working knowledge of product development phases preferred
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!