Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Senior Director, eCommerce (Beyond Nicotine)
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior
FUNCTION: Beyond Nicotine
LOCATION: Winston Salem
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
SVP, New Business Development
Number of Direct Reports
The Sr Director, eCommerce will own the company’s eCommerce strategy and P&L for our Beyond Nicotine ambition and portfolio across owned and customer eCommerce cites.
The Sr. Director will oversee the online presence and storefronts for our Beyond Nicotine portfolio, as well as lead third party e-commerce and new product digital launches, with end-to-end responsibility across the customer experience lifecycle — lead generation, acquisition, conversion, retention, and up-sell/cross-sell — with the ultimate objective of driving significant eCommerce scale, subscription acceleration and step-change sales growth.As part of this work, this new Sr Director of eCommerce willleverage a broad range of digital and online retail capabilities to engage, acquire and retain targeted customers aligning to our Beyond Nicotine consumer set. This Executive will lead all strategic and tactical eCommerce efforts, including UX/UI, customer experience, content management, shopping cart, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- eCommerce Plan – Lead and drive US Ecommerce strategy, demand generation and digital tactical efforts of our Beyond Nicotine brands, including third party ecommerce, via a holistic, GM approach with full P&L, forecasting and budgetary responsibility with goal of accelerating revenue and delivering profitable, growth. This Sr Director will also be responsible for the successful launch of our new owned Beyond Nicotine brand side, our customer eRetailer sides/brand stores. Working closely across Marketing leadership & BAT to serve as a passionate steward, advocate and gatekeeper by optimizing each Brands’ online presence and by continuing to build awareness, meaningful differentiation and ultimately preference.
- Online Revenue – Primary responsibility for driving awareness, reach and then profitable revenue growth by improving conversion rates and increasing the number of transactions online, while leveraging the web to drive efficiencies across the CRM lifecycle.
- Segmentation & Targeting – The Sr Director eCommerce will own the consumer targeting vision and strategy of our Beyond Nicotine brands and then lead the analytical and CRM support across internal and third party agencies to deliver against, including Lifetime Customer Value (LTV). Own the approach and ask as it relates to building our additional segmentation research for consumer identification and engagement.
- Customer Retention & Development – Another key priority for this Sr Director will be to develop and optimize all Digital Marketing programs which increase the LTV of the Beyond Nicotine customer base by increasing subscription membership and reducing churn. This Ecommerce leader will work closely with his/her Digital Marketing colleagues to continually seek opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of our Digital Marketing programs in all customer life-stages. Retention will require leveraging online Marketing in close coordination with offline Marketing, and this will be coordinated with multiple teams—and functions—internally.
- Deliver Superior Online Experiences – The Sr Director, eCommerce will set the stage for the continual innovation of our Beyond Nicotine brands in the global, online space. They will create and optimize the website experience with an increased level of scale and the ability to increase traffic, drive conversion and enhance engagement. The stage is set for someone to help lead the UI design team (web designers, front-end developers, copy writers) and delivery of an exceptional customer experience (UX) in the Digital channel—one that allows Beyond Nicotine prospects and shoppers to be both educated and inspired.
- Continual Process Optimization – Utilize leadership and leading “agile design thinking” to create a culture that stimulates and sustains relevant digital innovation and a robust “test and learn” culture that learns, fails and pivots quickly. Implement processes that drive feature and functionality improvements efficiently and cost effectively to meet the fast-moving needs of new Beyond Nicotine brands. This includes function-wide planning, measurement, and “share the learning” approaches that will help improve the online shopping and communications experience, and business growth.
- Budget and Agency Management – The Sr Director will have eCommerce P&L responsibility and will establish and manage annual Digital operating and capital budgets and will work closely with other functions to ensure delivery of the Beyond Nicotine brands on time and on budget. They will also work collaboratively with leadership, and external Digital agencies and Interactive suppliers, to push for “best-in-class” solutions and value-based vendor pricing.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- 12+ years of CPG experience, with 8+ years in eCommerce (across both digital commerce sites like D2C and Amazon). Time spent in a headquarter environment a plus. Experience with branded products preferred.
- Experience Customer & channel knowledge, convenience channel is a plus
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Cross-functional leadership skills, with ability to influence across the organization and outside the organization
- Comfortable interpreting and manipulating large amounts of data
- Experience in developing the right assortment at the right store, utilizing customer store scan and loyalty data. Proficiency with advanced assortment methodology and systems is a plus
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!