Reynolds American is evolving at a pace like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be the change!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Director – Finance - CP&A Overheads
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Vice President – Commercial Planning and Analysis
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – various levels up to Functional Head across HR, LEX, and SR&D
External – engage key vendors as needed
DRBU – LOCAL (US)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Lead, oversee, and collaborate with local direct reports and shared services resources (GBS) related to finance support for HR, LEX, SR&D, as well as global international assignee cross-company recharge process.
- Support Finance Management’s budget cycle directives across team and client areas. This includes working closely with local direct reports and GBS resources as well as agreement with client areas.
- Monitor monthly accounting close process to ensure compliance with company policies as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
- Translate finance data (budget vs. actuals) into concise, easy to understand information for client areas to address trends, drive decision-making as well as ensure timely communication to Management.
- Collaborate with local/global Tax, LEX, and HR to ensure company policies are followed with regard to employees providing services to other BAT entities; assist with monitoring and tracking budget and actuals through recharge process; Ensure global ways of working are understood and embedded in day-to-day activities across team.
- Champion efforts to drive continuous process improvement / efficiencies with focus on existing technology / new platforms as well as resource / task allocation across local and GBS resources.
- Initiate collaboration with global BAT colleagues to exchange and share knowledge, best practices, and global opportunities for improvement; Support company-wide finance initiatives by engaging team and client areas; oversee insights driven finance data analysis/trends with focus on achieving targeted outcomes.
- Help drive departmental talent development and succession planning, ensuring that group is organized, staffed, and trained with professionals constantly developing their skills and competencies, including capabilities build & proper integration of GBS; Promote strong teamwork, cross-functional/departmental collaboration, and lead by example with regard to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree required ; Business Preferred (Finance, Accounting)
- 8+ years of experience in Finance Analysis, Planning & Budgeting, Accounting
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability to understand broader business issues and seek resolution.
- Skilled in summarizing extensive analysis into concise, actionable insights.
- Responsive, enthusiastic, and team-oriented.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) and organizational skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
- Master’s of Business Administration preferred. (Master’s in Accounting, Finance)
- CPA preferred
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- Annual Salary: Minimum: $137,700; Maximum: $202,500
- Bonus Target: 30 percent
- Long Term Incentive: 10 percent
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Cell phone allowance for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional 3% to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees in the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counseling sessions, per each issue, each calendar year for employees and/or their family members
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment coverage of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum) through AD&D insurance
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Foundation Scholarship Program
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (exempt employees may be excused with pay for brief absences; non-exempt employees receive up to 6 days)
- Vacation (levels Below Senior Director receive 15 pro-rated days during first year of service; Senior Director and Officers receive 25 pro-rated days during first year of service).
- Holidays (Company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Parental Leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email atTalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.