Reynolds American is evolving at a pace like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Director IT – Data Science
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
FUNCTION: Digital Business Solutions / IT
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Sr Director – Data Science & Analytics
Number of Direct Reports
Internal –SP&I teams, RGM teams, Trade teams, Operations, R&D, Finance
External – SoftwareVendors, Service Providers
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Identify high-impact analytical problems and find innovative ways to tackle these problems via data analysis, experimentation, and statistical modelling; Establish strong trusted relationships with the data science development teams and with vendors.
- Lead cross-functional and cross-team relationship building and collaboration with Marketing, Operations and Corporate stake holders; Deliver Revenue Growth Management solutions (Price Elasticity, Assortment, Trade Promotion Optimization) and manage ongoing operations of data science models.
- Manage Machine Learning Operations and make sure Data drift and Model drifts are tracked for every model; Serves as program manager for large data science/AI projects; Collaborate very closely with Global data science and analytics teams to migrate the solution developed for other countries.
- As a business unit data science leader build data science solution for Business unit and scale for other regions.
- Support Demand Forecast solution in production and enhance the solution/algorithms based on the request from the stake holders.
- Maintain close alignment with the peers in Global IDT and GBS teams and to influence key stakeholders in US for adoption of global technologies.
- Leverages internal and external networks of peers and cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization to drive strategy and then influence and manage change.
- Leverage the global data analytical/data science tools for US; Hire and groom data scientist and ML OPS engineers.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance?
- Do you have experience communicating the results of Datascience/AI to company stakeholders?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 6+ years of experience with quantitative analysis; 3+ years of experience with people management; 5+ years of experience in an analytical role in a CPG Manufacturing/Retail business. Experience in Revenue Growth Management, Market Mix Modelling, Route optimization is preferred; 5+ years experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Master in statistics, mathematics, economics preferred.
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as python, R
- Experience with complex measurement methodologies and evaluating ML models from algorithmic bias perspective
- Deployed ML solutions in production.
- Experience in handling Model Drift and Data Drift
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- Annual Salary: Minimum: $137,700; Maximum: $202,500
- Bonus Target: 30 percent
- Long-Term Incentive Award Target: 10 percent
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Cell phone allowance for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional 3% to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees in the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counseling sessions, per each issue, each calendar year for employees and/or their family members
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment coverage of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum) through AD&D insurance
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Foundation Scholarship Program
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (exempt employees may be excused with pay for brief absences; non-exempt employees receive up to 6 days)
- Vacation (levels Below Senior Director receive 15 pro-rated days during first year of service; Senior Director and Officers receive 25 pro-rated days during first year of service).
- Holidays (Company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Parental Leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email atTalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.