Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A FINANCE INTERN
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This position is with Reynolds American Services Company — a subsidiary that provides support services, including compliance, HR, law, finance, information & digital technology, and more to all of the subsidiaries of RAI. The Finance function is offering an internship opportunity to assist the function in providing financial leadership in every facet of RAI and its operating companies. Summer interns will have Winston-Salem based assignments. The internship will provide exciting assignments and significant exposure to other company functions outside of Finance. You will exercise initiative, creative problem-solving skills, teamwork and leadership as you interact with other personnel throughout our winning organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support. Concluding your internship, interns provide senior management, project partners, and work teams with a professional presentation sharing the project overview, findings and recommendations.
Up to 10%
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
Previous RAI Finance Interns have:
- Assessed the size, profitability, and trend of various brands in order to develop scenarios and build a business case to illustrate the potential volume and brand profit growth as well as to address the sustainability of current and future price levels
- Conducted an in-depth comparative study of RAI and its major competitors to understand where RAI working capital stands and provided recommendations to the Finance Leadership Team on the efficient levels of working capital that would improve value
- Engaged cross-functionally with key partners in order to create waste reduction reports that are immediately meaningful and support our corporate sustainability goals.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you interested in exploring a career in Corporate Finance?
- Are you a strategic, analytical, and creative problem solver?
- Do you have leadership experience?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proficiency with MS Office Desktop
- Pursing an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or similar degree
- Completion of 2 or more semesters of core Accounting and/or Finance coursework
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic and fast problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate Rate: $21.00 per hour / Graduate Rate: $38.50 per hour
- Leadership training opportunities
- Roundtable Networking Events with senior leadership
- Engagement Events with fellow interns
- Generous salary
- Housing stipends provided
- On-Site Health Fitness Centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award-winning 401(k) retirement savings plan including company contributions
- Confidential personal financial counselling service at no cost to you
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.