BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SUB FUNCTION: STRATEGIC INSIGHTS & REVENUE GROWTH Commercial team
CITY & COUNTRY: WARSAW, POLAND
Works as a business partner for Finance and Marketing leaders in end markets, by providing key commercial insights, thus assisting in ensuring that the end market growth activities contribute to the financial success and effective resource allocation decisions are made across the value chain. Understanding revenue growth and how to most efficiently drive net sales, profit, market and volume share is vital to delivering our overall business objectives. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited by analytics to insights and innovation vs. the status quo to join our DBS Commercial team.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Analytics which generate value added insights and foresights is a key lever in driving sustainable and efficient business growth in today’s evolving CPG environment.
SENIOR RGM MANAGER
Number of Direct Reports
Internal -Interaction with the GBS team members, Regional and Markets’ Functional Leadership Teams [Commercial Finance | Marketing | IT | HR], Functional Commercial Managers; wider Finance & Marketing function
External - Interaction with third party suppliers on RGM roll outs
Global function responsible for European Markets
- Understand strategies and initiatives that will accelerate revenue growth (RGM) at BAT
- Serve the DRBU as an extension of the Commercial Teams with an understanding of the business and how to enable sustainable net revenue growth and marketing spend effectiveness.
- Leverage analytical tools by providing insights and recommendations towards the achievement of RGM financial plans and supporting execution initiatives
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional team (including marketing, finance, IDT particularly D&A team) regarding revenue growth management and marketing spend effectiveness
- Support the process of providing pricing-related insights and perspective related to competitor activities, consumer trends and interactions between categories and across price segments
- Support the process of monitoring and shaping of Trade Margins working closely with end market teams. Support major relevant initiatives such as TCI (Total Customer Investment) etc.
- Assist in multiple strategic GBS projects (e.g. RGM roll out, Development of GBS Run Book for these methodologies, etc.) within tight deadlines, and communicate to line manager and key stakeholders any challenges/issues in a clear and timely fashion
- Plan an active role as a member of relevant GBS team, ensuring continuous improvement in all required capabilities (with emphasis on strong analytical skills) and commercial acumen for own and other team members. Support the relevant leaders in this through combination of existing team development and new appointments
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Around 5 years of professional experience with 2+ years of experience in revenue growth management insights and analytics, business intelligence, pricing, promotion, portfolio/assortment, sales analytics, marketing research, consumer insights and/or category management
- Basic knowledge of key concepts of data science modelling and statistical analysis, and experience of actively generating actionable insights (both analytical and communicate person -can find insights based on data and be able to communicate effectively, persuade Senior Managers in a fact based manner)
- Experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment (consumer goods strongly preferred)
- Highly advantageous if some experience of shared services line of work, or involved in change transformation
- Must have strong analytical skills and business acumen to build strong business cases to drive core business decisions and change/innovation
- Good influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills. Good oral and written communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills to influence and secure cross-functional support
- Experience in analyzing reports and analytics generated by data science and statistical models, and identifying issues, challenges, and opportunities
- Fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Worked within Sales/Marketing/Trade Marketing departments (insights, activations, key accounts, brand)
- Experience in Modern Trade and Traditional Trade
- Experience of more than one FMCG category and working with stakeholders from multiple countries
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
- What experience do You have in working with pricing of products (pricing insights or promotions analysis)?
- What experience do You have in working with portfolio of products (portfolio optimization or introducing novelties)?
- What experience do You have in generating actionable insights?
- What barriers have You encountered when Your recommendations were being executed by other functions?
We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we are encouraging you to apply for this position and, the moment we have a suitable position for your profile the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!