BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
FUNCTION: Operations – Manufacturing
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary/remuneration
LOCATION: Ploiesti, Romania
JOB TYPE: Fixed Term
Are you up for the challenge?
Do you think you’ve got what we need?
Are you passionate and ambitious?
If your answer is YES, then our Global Graduate Programme is what you need.
WHAT IS IT?
It’s a real job from day one – with world class training, international scope and the chance to reach your potential. You’ll progress from graduate to manager in 18 months, with the opportunity to become an outstanding leader in a world-class business.
WHO ARE WE?
We are BAT, an ambitious, diverse, global business with more than 115 years of innovation behind us and an incredibly exciting future ahead. Founded in 1902, our company continues to go from strength to strength thanks to market-leading brands, a successful strategy, talented people and our Transforming Tobacco ambition.
We have factories around the world making nearly 700 billion cigarettes a year. Not to mention plants making roll-your-own tobacco and oral tobacco products like snus and moist snuff. So, the scale of our Operations is huge. It takes innovative thinking and the latest technology to deliver the best results for our consumers and our business.
Our Graduate Programme in Operations helps you to develop exceptional skills - fully understanding the dynamics of the market you are operating in, and how the BAT Operations works to achieve outstanding business results. During the programme you will also gain international exposure by attending our Global BAT Academy, networking with graduates from around the world, and strengthening your leadership skills. Further, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself on international projects, working with above-market and cross-functional teams, under the supervision of your dedicated Coach & Mentor.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
It’s tough. It’s fast-paced. And it’ll stretch you to the limit. For the ambitious, an inspiring journey awaits you here at BAT.
Your journey in BAT will start in the factory in Ploiesti and the main purpose of the role will be to optimise Production key performance indicators via a continuous process improvement and process behaviour analysis.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DELIVER IS TO:
- Support the Production departments by managing the statistical process control systems;
- Identify areas of opportunity and improvement in the processes, supporting all production areas in continuous improvement projects;
- Regular co-operation with Product & Quality Assurance, Finance and Engineering functions on quality and process improvements;
- Initiate, lead or take part in improvement actions or projects that focus on production performance (KPIs);
- are looking for an international career in Operations, with Manufacturing as a starting point;
- have a university degree or equivalent, preferably in the Engineering field;
- have minimum 6 months of relevant work experience, have been involved in extracurricular activities as a student or have had an international scholarship;
- are driven and ambitious;
- are an inspiring and engaging individual;
- possess strong intercultural competencies from international experience or personal background;
- have strong analytical skills;
- are internationally mobile;
- speak Romanian & English fluently;
.... we are looking forward to your application!
- Meal vouchers
- Holiday vouchers
- Transportation: provided inside Ploiesti, expenses refunded for outside Ploiesti
- Annual bonus
- Annual salary review based on performance
- Easter & Christmas bonuses
- Private medical services for employee and dependents
- Private Pension Plan - 3rd Pension Pillar
- Induction and training plan for all new joiners
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!