BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced professional
FUNCTION: Digital Marketing (D2C)
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary + excellent benefits
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent
LOCATION: Malmö, Sweden
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
We are on a regular basis looking for D2C Managers. Please note that this is not an actual opening, but a chance for us to reach out and to engage with talented future D2C Managers. If you are interested, please apply and we will contact you should an opportunity suited to your capabilities arise.
Begin an amazing career with a bright future. At British American Tobacco, we give you a great start to your career. How? By placing you in an environment that cultivates learning, collaboration, and well-being in an industry that’s transforming at a rapid pace. An extraordinary confluence of technology, societal change and public health awareness has created a unique opportunity: the opportunity to make a substantial leap forward in our long-held ambition to provide our consumers with potentially reduced-risk tobacco and nicotine choices.
Do you have a proven track record of developing a digital marketing strategy, implementing digital ecosystem from e-commerce to CRM and optimizing digital presence (social media & SEO)? And do you have experience in leading and developing people while working effectively within a high performing and diverse team? Then you might be our new D2C Manager.
As a D2C Manager you will be responsible for a team with capabilities and responsibilities within SOME / Influencers, Digital campaign activation and Paid media.
Reports to: Head of Brand Activation
Reporting Level: Managing self
Geographic Scope: Local
In this role you will be developing, initiating and overseeing a long-term digital marketing strategy as well as spearheading short-term digital marketing solutions. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing the short-term and long-term digital strategy
- Ensuring sustainability of the channel from a performance and financial standpoint
- Collaborating with other departments to manage the overall online presence of the company
- Constantly thriving to develop new touch points and increasing the reach of the digital channel, providing thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Establishing clear goals and targets for the organization and the team
- Ensuring thorough reporting of internal, external and competitors’ digital activities in order to identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance
- Guiding and supporting the entire team with the deployment of the strategy
Identifying and partnering with the right agencies and specialists to increase digital marketing results
Planning, tracking and reporting on digital marketing budget aligned with current planning and reporting structure
- Leading and developing a high performance team in a fast paced environment
- Managing performance, development and career of the digital marketing team
- Embedding digital marketing as a new channel for the organization
- Development of Brand activation plans for new brand activities to ensure optimal execution in field and long-term plans for all activities.
- Provide input into effective Agency briefings to guide the creative process for the implementation of campaigns of key missiles by shopper channel.
- Drive development of end market retail campaign touch points based on brand guidelines.
- Identify effective ways to attract and engage consumers through creative offline consumer activities
- Develop innovative and impactful methods for consumer communication in different shopper channels in collaboration with the Brand teams and Agencies.
KEY SKILLS NEEDED
To qualify for the position the candidate must possess a master’s degree and have experience from the FMCG industry. Additional experience from Media agency is a plus.
The candidate must have a solid commercial mindset, possess analytical skills, be ambitious, courageous, resilient, and capable of driving own results.
The ideal candidate for this role holds/is:
- Strong understanding of key marketing principles: consumer needs and journey, user experience, target audience, etc.
- Experienced in designing direct to consumer digital marketing strategy including e-commerce, database acquisition and management, CRM activation, SEO, social media activation, and digital paid media.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in a digital marketing position and preferably experience in people management, though last-mentioned not a requirement.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking paired with a solid knowledge of website analytics tools.
- Passionate about digital marketing and up to date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing.
- Excellent consulting, communication, and engagement skills, coupled with the ability to influence senior stakeholders in establishing / delivering digital agenda and metrics to meet strategic objectives.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to engage and work in partnership with marketing community within the Business, Region and Globally.
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leaders.
- Ability, tenacity and drive to navigate through ambiguity and deliver commercially relevant solutions effectively.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and is committed to self-development.
- Spoken and written English communications skills.
- Fluency in one of the Scandinavian languages is considered an advantage, but not a requirement.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
The starting date is as soon as possible, and we’ll conduct on going interviews. The job post will be removed as soon as we have the right candidate, so don’t wait too long before you submit your application through our global job portal.