BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Management Level
SALARY RANGE: Starting from 7,400 + Excellent Benefits + Bonus
LOCATION: Damansara City, Kuala Lumpur
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is responsible for developing, qualifying, and delivering Packaging materials for New Product launches, sourcing change projects and productivity initiatives for BAT Packaging Deployment Kuala Lumpur Hubin accordance with the Global Material Strategy and marketing cycle plans.
Reports to: Senior Packaging Development Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: APMEA Region (Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Handle and supervise packaging deployment activities for the assigned market in line with Market/Global/ESG strategies via close coordination with internal and external stakeholders, highlighting risks and packaging cost impact based on project requirements.
- Engage regularly with BAT’s external suppliers and partners and gain ideas how to improve BAT’s material pipeline in terms of costs and innovation.
- Validate the laboratory outcome and assess business risk related to modified or new material to enable business decisions with stakeholders.
- Provide technical input, recommendations on change management and innovation. Beside, support for new supplier and material qualifications
- Ensure all packaging developments are aligned with BAT Packaging Guidelines, Product Stewardship, Regulatory and Brand Standards.
- Build and maintain material specifications, commodity specifications and individual specifications at both external supplier and factory level.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 2 years of working experiences in Printing/Packaging Development/Material/Manufacturing/QA/Product Development/ R&D field
- Working knowledge and understanding in the following areas are desirable: printing process/technology, experience working with a variety of materials (e.g. paper, plastic and film), working with raw materials and related processes, and wrapping material properties.
- Experience in manufacturing technology and processes (FMCG, Packaging or other related industries) is desirable.
- Ability to interpret analytical data and formulate conclusions and propose action plans.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills - ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects across functional levels.
- Excellent digital and IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project SAP). Experience in Power BI is desirable.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!