BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of the BAT Digital Business Compliance team supporting for IT General Controls. The established Compliance function acts as part of the 1st line of defence and plays a meaningful role in ensuring that an appropriate focus is placed on controls, across all functions within DBS.
Reports to DBS (Digital Business Solutions) Global Manager for IT Controls
Reporting Level Individual
Geographic Scope Locally within Malaysia
- Ensuring that approved IT General controls are embedded in the current service lines and processes across DBS.
- Produce structured and insightful analysis of where to remediate areas of non-compliance to the various existing control frameworks in place within BAT
- Make recommendations to DBS management on how the existing risk and control measures can be improved
- Support the Compliance Manager and the Head of Risk, Governance & Compliance in maintenance and development of the IT General Control
- Contribute as part of the first Line of Defence to the compliance of applicable laws & Regulations, Internal codes of practice/Standards and policy and procedures
- Support DBS management with delivery of action plans resulting from BCT led controls health checks, IRI raised, Audit and SOX Controls testing
- Coordination and supervision of the work conducted by your team (if any) to ensure it is conducted in a professional and timely manner
- Develop self and the team through training, learning and development opportunities in risk and internal controls, audit and the business in general.
- Support the various Risk, Control and Audit stakeholders with crafting the controls’ environment as defined by Group
- Partners regularly and establish an effective communication with relevant stakeholders
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Be a qualified professional with significant post-qualifying experience in the IT industry, or a graduate or equivalent with significant post-graduate experience in an IT Industry.
- Good understanding of Group functions and IT processes
- Experience working on compliance projects, implementing policies and standards
- Working experience in controls, in terms of role, impact, relation to risk, and balance with costs
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities, to identify significant process risks and efficient and effective key controls
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide internal and external audience (e.g. Group Senior Management and end market management; Finance, Operational, Commercial and IT management; external consultants) and influence and persuade them to take action
- Self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, but also in a team setting and in a matrix structure
- Must have SOX knowlegdge and Experience with IT SOX Controls
- Experience in IT Internal/External Audit is preferred
- Experience in a multinational on IT SOX Compliance is preferred
- Must have good analytical skills
- Must have good presentation skills
- Must have knowledge of Reporting skills and good knowledge of MS Office products like Excel, Word, PPT, Visio
- Experience with Power BI working knowledge is preferred
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!