BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Non-Management Level
FUNCTION: Global Business Services Finance
SALARY RANGE: Starting at RM5,400 + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Sunway Geo Tower, Bandar Sunway
Disclaimer – We do not have any available vacancy at the moment and this posting is strictly for pipelining purpose only. We will get in touch with you as soon as there is an available vacancy.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role will perform processing of information within the R2R function with a focus on rule-based back office activities to ensure quality and accurate completion of services and key performance indicators (important metrics) as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Reports to: Product Costing Assistant Manager
Reporting Level: Manages Self
Geographic Scope: Direct Business Units Scope
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- To monitor and execute a range of assigned tasks, such as NPI costing, reconciliations, transaction processing, financial analysis and reporting, using the appropriate system (SAP-ECC) and agreed standard processes.
- Coordinate and perform period-end activities including Material Ledger to ensure period is closed as per timetable agreed.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc reports as per agreed timeline, to facilitate end markets’ review and analysis.
- Review reports and reconciliations prepared by team members to ensure outputs are accurate and long-outstanding items are accurately followed-up and advanced.
- Ensure internal controls are adhered to and provide support to audit process so that entity can manage the balance of risk and control effectively.
- Review and update task level descriptions or process manuals as and when there are changes to manage knowledge retention and to assist back-ups performing tasks on behalf.
- Assist manager in delivering migration project to ensure smooth transition of tasks from end markets to BASS.
- Support manager with ad-hoc analysis and activities/project in order to achieve company’s integration and overall objectives (i.e. help GL team in analysing FI-CO reconciliation).
- Perform testing of new systems/technology and processes as and when required to minimize potential problems to operations.
- Supervise resource use and manage prioritization to maximize team resources. Continue to improve the control environment for R2R, through training and awareness building.
- Build a proactive and effective stakeholder engagement at middle management level to maintain good relationships.
- Identify and actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes in BASS.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 2-3 years working experience in Product Costing / Supply Chain Finance
- In-depth knowledge of relevant accounting terminology for own department and organization-wise
- SAP or other relevant accounting e-platform user skills
- Ability to work well with other team members and achieve productive working relationships
- Proficiency in English, both orally and in writing
- Deals with all customer requirements in a professional manner
- Ability to coordinate with other internal departments to deliver seamless service to customers
- Minimum qualification – a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Biz Administration (or equivalent qualification from a recognised professional body) may be advantageous.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!