BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
FUNCTION: Global Business Services Finance
SALARY RANGE: Starting at RM3,900 + Excellent Benefits + Market Leading Bonus
LOCATION: Selangor, Malaysia
Disclaimer – We do not have any available vacancy at the moment and this posting is strictly for pipelining purpose only. We will get in touch with you as soon as there is an available vacancy.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Product costing.
The role is responsible for period-end activities, ensuring monthly reporting deadlines are met and all reporting activities are performed in accordance with the standard processes.
Reports to: Product Costing Assistant Manager
Reporting Level: Manages Self
Geographic Scope: Direct Business Units Scope
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- To complete a range of activities, such as NPI costing, financial analysis and reporting, using the appropriate systems (SAP-ECC) and agreed standard processes.
- Perform period-end activities including Material Ledger, making sure all transactions are posted to materials and Cost centres accurately and period is closed as per timetable agreed
- Perform reconciliations for Product costings related GLs and follow-up on reconciling items to ensure all items are captured into the accurate GLs.
- Perform analysis and clearing of balance sheet accounts to ensure accounts are clean and suspicious transactions investigated.
- Provide support to audit process so that entity is able to run the balance of risk and control efficiently.
- Support migration project to ensure smooth transition of tasks from end markets to GBS (wherever applicable).
- Perform testing of new systems/technology and processes as and when required to minimise potential problems to operations.
- Identify and actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes in GBS.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Delivering in ambiguous & dynamic situations as part of a global multi-functional team by building partnerships & working respectfully
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the related field
- In-depth knowledge of relevant accounting terminology for own department and organization-wise
- SAP or other relevant accounting e-platform user skills
- Ability to work well with other team members and achieve productive working relationships
- Proficiency in English, both orally and in writing
- Deals with all customer requirements in a professional manner
- Ability to coordinate with other internal departments to deliver seamless service to customers
- Minimum qualification – a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Biz Administration (or equivalent qualification from a recognised professional body) may be advantageous.
- Are you familiar with using SAP system?
- Do you have any prior working experience in Finance Shared Service Centres?
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!