BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT DIGITAL BUSINESS SERVICE IS LOOKING FOR AN ASSISTANT MANAGER – CORPORATE FINANCE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Management
SALARY RANGE: Base salary starting at RM 7,000 + Excellent Benefits + Bonus
LOCATION: Guoco Tower, Damansara City
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of GBS Corporate Finance Team.
The primary responsibility of the role is to proactively support the delivery of Group Statutory & Management Reporting (actual financials) information and drive operational improvements. This information will include Half Year, Fast Close and Year financial reporting. Operational improvements will include identifying key areas for efficiencies delivery in BAU results in a coordinated manner. This role’s day-to-day focus is highly focused on tasks related to governance & compliance, risk assessment, engaging with senior stakeholders and preparation of governance related matters for the public listed company.
Reports To: Corporate Finance Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: SEA (Malaysia and Singapore)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Responsible for the Company's Compliance functions, including identifying, assessing, and evaluating risks, maintaining risk register and risk heat map
- Recommend risk treatments and corrective measures including assessing adequacy of insurance coverage
- Conducting regular checks on the organization’s compliance towards SOX, Control Navigators, Governance trainings and certification
- Develop, establish and continuously improve policies, procedures, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures of the company
- Review internal audit findings, immediately reportable incidents, and act as the business partner for the End Market when discussing with regional Business Control Teams
- In charge of preparing materials and acting on feedback from the Risk Management Committee and Governance Leadership Team
- Work closely with senior stakeholders including legal, company secretary, investors relations and audit functions to monitor the adequacy of the company’s compliance environment and to minimize risk exposure
- Support the Public Listed Company’s governance and compliance including quarterly KLSE reports, trade analysts and shareholders’ briefing, AGM events
- Responsible in coordinating the conclusion of SORMIC report, ESG report and support the completion of Annual Report
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have a keen eye for risk exposures and potential risk of non-compliances along with strong stakeholder engagement and excellent time management skills?
CRITICAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree holder in Accounting, Professional Accountancy will be an added advantage
- Proven track record in relevant field, preferably 4-7 years in audit experience in public listed companies is highly preferred or those with prior experience in governance, SOX controls, internal audit
- Excellent command of English, with effective negotiation and persuasive skills
- Knowledge in SAP and BPC will be an added advantage along with good Excel and PowerPoint skills
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.