Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
REYNOLDS AMERICAN IS LOOKING FOR A Maintenance Technician I
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
LOCATION: Clarksville, TN
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
Maintenance Technicians conduct preventive maintenance and equipment/facility repair maintenance, both mechanical and electrical, to ensure the production of high-quality tobacco semi-finished products.
- Accurately follow detailed work instructions for processes, preventive maintenance, repairs, and safety
- Safely and effectively operate industrial forklifts, man lifts, and two-ton trucks
- Strive to keep equipment in the facility operating correctly
- Trouble-shoot and repair plant/production electrical equipment by use of volt/ohm meter and maintain equipment/facility wiring and lighting
- Trouble-shoot mechanical breakdowns and repair problem
- Replace motors, bearings, cylinders, belt/belt lacing, sprockets, and chains
- Building repairs (floors, walls, ceiling, windows)
- Welding, pipefitting, fabrication, electrical repairs, and replacements
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and good trouble-shooting skills
- Thorough mechanical/electrical background with experience in manufacturing equipment (conveyors, bearings, etc), welding, pipefitting, boiler operations, and airlines
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Required to pass lift truck and scissor lift certification requirements
- Required to have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving report
- Willingness and ability to learn and perform varying duties
- Willingness and ability to work any shift and in varying departments
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Basic computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, proactivity, and effective follow-through
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- HSD or GED
- WorkKeys: Applied Math Level 4, Graphic Literacy Level 4, Workplace Documents Level 4, Preferred Workplace Observation Level 2.
- Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting to 100 pounds, and working at heights to 50 feet.
- Prefer experience with tobacco packaging/processing equipment and MMI and PLC navigation
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
- Do you have a certificate or degree covering industrial, electricity, high/low voltage, AC/DC, from a technical or vocational school?
- Are you able to work in high/low-temperature environments?
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with American Snuff Company, LLC. Job Number: 52044
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!