BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
JOB TITLE: Treasury Accounting Specialist
FUNCTION: Global Treasury Operations
CITY & COUNTRY: Bucharest, Romania
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed term (1 year)
REPORTING TO: Treasury Accounting Manager
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The role will be based within BASS Europe, Global Treasury Operations team. This role reports to the Head of Treasury Operations and will be responsible for delivering treasury accounting services to the Group. The jobholder is expected to work in a high pressure environment that spans several timezones.
The role involves all aspects of treasury accounting. Understanding treasury risks as well as accounting standards such as IAS32, IAS39, IFRS7, IAS21 will be important. In addition, the aim of the treasury accounting role is to perform activities required of these accounting standards and deliver them to TaO as well as any legacy systems. Understanding of SAP treasury module will be essential.
The initial stages of the role is to migrate activity from Central Treasury followed by setting up a team to implement best practices in terms of treasury accounting in the Group. This role is expected to work very closely with the Treasury Middle Office, Banking Operations, Central Treasury and the Project TaO team.
This role is seen to be an excellent role to develop a robust treasury career that will feed into other treasury roles such as Dealing, Banking Operations, Controls with the aim of filling the Head of Treasury Operations role.:
- Deliver treasury accounting services to the Centre as well as to BU.
- Deliver treasury reporting activities of Treasury vehicules (BATIF/BATCAP/BATOF)
- Assist and advice of transactional activies related to treasury accounting (IHC/GL for Financing entities)
- Treasury accounting includes: Mark to Market valuations of derivatives, applying IFRS7, IAS 21, IAS39, IAS21.
- Using TaO and existing legacy systems to mark necessary postings with regards to treasury related activities.
- To manage customer relationships with specific attention to the Dealing Room, Treasury Control and BATIF Accountants and evidenced by maintenance and reporting of KPIs.
- To agree, document and deliver service against formal Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with BAT where the day to day Operational relationship involves measurable performance.
- To perform ongoing review of the control environment within which the treasury accountants operates to deliver treasury accounting services to the BAT Group.
- To participate fully in any new Treasury/Corporate Finance driven initiatives (new products, complex transactions) to ensure that any procedural and/or systems changes are fully documented and tested and do not have a negative impact elsewhere within the processes.
- The jobholder will be required to work hours that will coincide with those of the TSC London as a minimum and support activity in other timezones where necessary.
- To participate in TAO project , support testing and roll out during on boarding period
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent necessary
- Ability to understand accounting by financial instruments governed by IAS 32, IAS39, IFRS7, IAS21
- Understanding of treasury risks and the management of those risks will be ideal
- Previous experience in finance related area will be useful
- Treasury and banking background as a preference
- Knowledge of a typical corporate cash conversion cycle
- Advanced knowledge of web based applications and business computer applications, i.e. Excel, Access, Business Objects
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Clear and effective communication
- Experience of managing teams is essential
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision
- Abillity to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- English (spoken and written), business level as a minimum
- Knowledge of treasury from a corporate or banks is an advantage
- Understanding of SAP treasury module will be preferred. Knowledge of “Reval” will also be ideal
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!