BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-Management Level
SALARY RANGE: $65k-75k NZD base salary+ Bonus Scheme + Excellent benefits + Fully maintained company vehicle
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
JOB TYPE: Permanent
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of our National Field team and is responsible for engaging with customers and driving our business strategies. Our Trade Marketing Representatives are the face of BAT New Zealand and the talent pipeline to the business. Equipped with specialist product and brand knowledge, you’ll be out on the road visiting customers in your ‘patch’ for the bulk of your day.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Analysing, reporting and interpreting store specific data in order drive growth
- Acting as the point of reference for external partners by engaging in commercial conversations and negotiations;
- Building, encouraging and maintaining strong business partnerships with retailers;
- Responsibly educating retailers on product and category knowledge as well as on trading terms;
- Ensuring execution of strategies and campaigns for all retailers are achieved within your patch;
- Meeting, and exceeding, performance targets;
- Continually developing your skills to adapt to the changing industry and regulatory environment.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A minimum business degree or prior experience in sales / marketing;
- A customer focused approach & solutions driven mentality;
- Strong selling, negotiation and objective handling skills;
- The aim to be Empowered, work independently and focus on results;
- A proven track record to build close working relationships with a diverse range of partners;
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills;
- A desire to be Bold and Fast, while acting Responsibly, as you grow and develop your career
- A valid New Zealand drivers’ licence and safe driving record, and the legal right to work in New Zealand.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you capable to exhibit leadership capabilities in engagement with key stakeholders through behaviors and attitudes which are in line with the guiding principles?
- Are you able to find different solutions to achieve results in new & challenging situations?
- Experience as a trade representative in an FMCG environment is an added bonus;
- Tech savvy with good understanding of MS Office suite of applications.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Disclaimer: We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we are encouraging you to apply for this position and, the moment we have a suitable position for your profile the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.