BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT ALGERIA IS LOOKING FOR A TRADE AND MARKETING SYSTEM ADMIN
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-Management position
LOCATION: Algiers, Algeria
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Key objectives are:
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our Trade related softwares, hardwares and networks, to join our Trade department in Algiers within BAT Algeria.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Reports to: Head of Trade
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring security and efficiency of Trade related IT infrastructure
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks and patch management
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Good organization and follow up with different stakeholders.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Fluent in: Arabic, French, English.
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is a plus
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Bachelor/ master’s degree in IT, or similar field of studies.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!