BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT JORDAN IS LOOKING FOR A QUALITY SUPERVISOR (FIXED TERM) – JORDAN
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
To ensure Quality measurements are taken, analysed, trended, and reported so that accurate and relevant Quality data can be issued to Customers and Management. Also, to develop, implement and maintain work instructions, test methods and calibration in compliance with ISO 9001 – 2008. To assist the Quality Assurance Manager with production quality issues and solving daily production problems and support process and quality systems improvement programmes.
Reports to: QA Production Executive, Levant
Reporting Level: Manage Self
Geographic Scope: Jordan Factory
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- You will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and assists to ensure appropriate consideration of current quality issues related to production.
- The Jobholder provides the Quality Assurance Manager with all necessary information for deciding the final acceptance/rejection of product.
- Laboratory, Materials Assurance, Auditing & Calibration report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- The job holder is responsible for the Record Retention process.
- Plan, coordinate and promote all Incoming Materials Inspection Activities
- Assist in determining acceptability or rejection of all suspect products via analysis and investigation and take appropriate actions to resolve the problems and ensure defective product does not reach to the customer
- Report non-conformance/faults found, in line with relevant protocol
- Give feedback to relevant staff on any non-conformance or faults found
- Take appropriate action from analysed information
- Contribute positively to the Corrective Action process
- Sample materials and products from the production processes in line with relevant protocols
- Collect routine samples of products in line with minimum requirement for FPI and relevant protocols
- Carry out visual and physical quality measurement in line with relevant protocols
- Ensure the evaluation of routine samples of product in line with minimum requirement for FPI and other relevant protocols
- Check, Validate and Record all relevant data
- Provide analysis, feedback and reports on the daily collected data in the lab and from the production floor
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have a passion for promoting the business and commit to results?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Tertiary qualification in Science Field with Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics as a major study area.
- May have advanced specialty education and training, and / or on-the-job experience.
- High knowledge of inspection, test methods of cigarette manufacturing and technology.
- Awareness and understanding of latest developments in Production Quality Management techniques.
- Knowledge of analysis, problem solving and techniques (including SPC, brainstorming, fishbone diagrams).
- Inter-personal skills, communication, persuasiveness, assertiveness, and negotiation throughout the organization
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!